What is Stock Photography?

What is Stock Photography??

Stock Photography is online income source from where you can earn money. Largest companies in the world are visited website and purchase unique photo as there necessity .You can sell them you photo through those website and earn money as you can.

There is no age limit for Stock Photography.You can earn or make your pocket money from Stock Photography.


  • If you are in college or school ,you can also make your pocket-money in doing stock photography.
  • You can capture amazing images and share it with some selected website and earn money.






There are some website for Stock Photography:

Scope in Stock Photography:

Through Stock Photography you can easily earn money than other fields.
Let me clear some points:

  1. Here are less competitor than other fields.
  2. You will gather more experience through Photography.
  3. Through Photography purpose you will meet many people all over the world.
  4. You face some interesting nature with lot of joy.
  5. The photography fields is smart and newly rise in social market.
  6. In future the field of Photography will  increase not decrease.


What is Realistic to Earn from Stock Photography Today?

You all will clearly understand that from Jarmo Piironen speech which is given below:

You can read my 2018 Stock Photography Earnings Report to have an idea of how much some random dude from nowhere can earn from stock photography in 2018. For short, my stock photography earnings in 2018 was approximately $1800. It is not much, but I’m happy with it. It covers my photography expenses and more.
The first 3 months of 2019 seems even better. My 2019 stock photography earnings have been around $200-$300 per month in my 3 best selling stock sites together. Those would be Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, and EyeEm.
This year I’ve also started to contribute to IStock, but I haven’t got any earnings from them yet as I’ve just started. However, I expect IStock to earn me some extra in few months increasing my total earnings for this year.
It has taken me 2,5 years to grow my portfolios up to 1000 images. That makes only 8 images per week on average. So I’ve been building my portfolios pretty slowly.
So is it worth the effort? I’d say yes as I’ve been building this beside my day job and still be able to live a pretty much normal life.
8 images per week are not much work, just 1,14 images per day on average. You could upload 50 images per week if you really have a heart for it.
However, I have to make clear that I’ve been photographing more or less since 2007 so I already know how to make good photos. That being said, you can’t expect to start earning or to understand photography just by buying a camera and starting to shoot. You need to know the basics first.
You need to understand Stock Photography also. Stock Photography is not just making pretty pictures. It’s about making pictures that have some sort of concept to them or/and sits well on advertisements, brochures, and commercial websites. This is something that I understood pretty late and therefore my portfolios are full of images of nameless landscapes that never sell.
Stock Photography requires a bit of strategic thinking and a business mindset. You need to understand supply and demand. A niche with high demand, but millions of images available may sell worse than niche with lower demand, but not many images available. A person holding a wine glass sells better than wine glass on the table without people.
People images and lifestyle sells well the experts say. However, I have very little images of people as I’m not so good at photographing them, but I’m still able to sell my images nonetheless. You may be doing much better if you can make people images with signed model releases.
These are just a few examples. You can learn more about how to sell your photos online from my stock photography articles  Stock Photography – How to make money with photography and Stock Photography Tips- Tips To Selling More Photos.

Stock Photography 2019 Q1 Earnings

Like said, my 2019 stock photography earnings in the three of my best selling stock photo sites have been excellent so far. However, Alamy has performed poorly compared to others. Alamy is a very different site though as it is more or less midstock site and more concentrated on editorial images. Usually, Alamy doesn’t sell much, but when it sells, it tends to be a pretty big sale.
Let’s take a closer Q1 analysis on the three of my best-selling sites Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, and EyeEm.
You can find my 2019 total earnings summary and chart at the end of this post.

Shutterstock Earnings

Shutterstock continues to be my number one money machine. After the November-December dip, the earnings have risen above $100 in January-March. The main reason for these numbers are the “biggie” sales that have made a return since October 2018.
“Biggies” are sales that sell usually between $20-$60 per image. I’ve been having those 1-2 per month in 2019 that have helped me to achieve these figures. However, these “biggies” are very uncertain and I can’t rely on having them each month. Therefore some dipping on earnings is likely in the coming months.
At the moment I have about 1000 images in my Shutterstock Portfolio.
Below you can see my 2019 Shutterstock earnings compared to 2018 earnings.
Shutterstock Earnings 2019
Shutterstock 2018-2019 Monthly Earnings. Blue is for 2018 and Red is for 2019

Adobe Stock Earnings

My Adobe Stock earnings are approximately only half of my Shutterstock earning. However, in my Adobe Stock portfolio, I have only 642 images and the earnings are on a rising trend as you can see on the chart below. I’m very optimistic that his trend will continue as long as I keep uploading good quality images each month.
Adobe Stock and Shutterstock both sell almost the same images with the difference that Shutterstock also sells editorial photos while Adobe Stock does not. That also explains why we have so many more images on Shutterstock than Adobe Stock.
Adobe Stock Earnings 2019
Adobe Stock 2018-2019 Monthly Earnings. Blue is for 2018 and Red is for 2019

EyeEm Earnings

EyeEm is a very different stock photo site than Adobe Stock and Shutterstock. EyeEm sales are very unpredictable and earnings vary a lot. The sales volume is nowhere near to Shutterstock or Adobe Stock, but single sales can be high.
For example, in February I sold only 15 photos on EyeEm, but my earnings were $145. For comparison, Shutterstock sold 134 images and made only $125.
Most of EyeEm sales are so-called partner sales. These sales come via EyeEm partners, mostly Getty Images. This means that the photographer only receives 50% what EyeEm receives from its partner. Nobody knows exactly what kind of deal EyeEm has with Getty Images, but it can’t be much better than what direct contributors of Getty Images are normally having. Single Eyeem partner sales via Getty Images sell between $0.10-$80 or so.
However, occasional direct EyeEm market sales sell between $10-$125. These happen sometimes and are always a nice surprise.
Below you can see a chart of my EyeEm earnings in 2018-2019.
EyeEm Earnings 2019

Last words:

Time is too short.If you do not come forward then someone take away your place.The competition is increase day by day.Harry up, and explore yourself .

  





Post a Comment

0 Comments